Pattern 6: The Ginger

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pattern 6:  Another Colette Pattern.....The Ginger

I am teaching a class at my store on Sunday on hemming pants, my seventh class this week!  Being so busy at the store, I decided to choose a simple pattern for my next project. Sewing separates like skirts and tops usually have fewer pieces to cut out and assemble than dresses do.  I'm sure most sewers agree that when you have lots of pieces to cut out, it can really suck the joy out of a sewing project, and with my low amount of energy going into the weekend, I definitely don't think I could handle that! 
The Ginger pattern is a simple a-line skirt with three different versions of a waistband to choose from. 

I have many skirt patterns but all have special details like box pleats or gathers unlike the Ginger skirt which is very basic and classy.  This skirt has the potential to be a great staple of any wardrobe and would look good in all types of fabric, so I'm hoping it will be my "little black dress" of skirts.  As usual, I had trouble choosing a fabric but finally decided on this sweet fabric from Art Gallery. 

You can't tell from this picture but there are tiny bees on the flowers scattered throughout.  Art Gallery fabric is 100% cotton and very lightweight which should be perfect for the a-line style of the Ginger skirt.  I hope to be happily sewing this tomorrow!

1 comment:


  1. savannah cat for sale
    savannah kitten
    f1 savannah cat for sale
    savannah cat price
    savannah cats for sale
    savannah kittens for sale, serval cat for sale, savannah cat for sale, savannah cats for sale, f1 savannah cat for sale, serval cat for sale, exotic cats for sale, f1 savannah cat, f4 savannah cat, cats for sale, savannah cats, Serval kittens for sale, savannah kittens for sale near me, savannah cats for sale near me, bengal kittens for sale, bengal kittens for sale near me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)