Pattern 13: The Go To Dress from the book "Sew What You Love"

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another easy knit project is finished thanks to the patterns in the book "Sew What You Love", the same book the "Everyday Tunic" shirt came from.  The "Go-To Dress" is a basic knit dress accented with either a knit belt that cinches the waist or a shirred waistband you make with elastic thread. I chose to make a knit belt, the easiest option, and I thought it was another good opportunity to use the color blocking trend.
The dress has a V-neck as you can see, but I am wearing a tank top underneath.  The book gives directions for changing the neckline to be as deep as you prefer.  The dress is made from only 4 pattern pieces making this very simple like the "Everyday Tunic".  The directions were also easy to follow, and in an hour, I had a comfortable knit dress to wear! 
If the belt isn't used or the waist isn't shirred, the dress is very roomy in the waist area making this a great option for a maternity dress if you are pregnant and looking for a cute dress to make.  This could also be a good pattern for a beach tunic.
I am so impressed with the first two patterns I've made from this book, and I am going to sew a few other projects from the book (not in the clothing category) to see if the other things are as fun to sew as these projects were.  These projects took such a small amount of time and turned out very well which has really re-energized my love of sewing.  With all the sewing I've been doing this summer for the blog, sewing has sometimes felt more like a job than a hobby I love until this book came along.  For pattern 14, I am going to make the "Apple Pie Ottoman" found in this book, and I am very excited to sew something other than clothes!

1 comment:


  1. savannah cat for sale
    savannah kitten
    f1 savannah cat for sale
    savannah cat price
    savannah cats for sale
    savannah kittens for sale, serval cat for sale, savannah cat for sale, savannah cats for sale, f1 savannah cat for sale, serval cat for sale, exotic cats for sale, f1 savannah cat, f4 savannah cat, cats for sale, savannah cats, Serval kittens for sale, savannah kittens for sale near me, savannah cats for sale near me, bengal kittens for sale, bengal kittens for sale near me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)